June 2, 2011
There’s no way around it. Media relations remains at the core of what we PR folks do. So you want to learn how to do it best? Check out PRSA National Capital Chapter’s “Media Relations in the Digital Age” presented by its Professional Development Committee. The quick and dirty are below with more details here and registration here.
WHAT: PRSA National Capital Chapter’s “Media Relations in the Digital Age”
WHEN: 8:00 – 10:00am, June 8th
WHERE: U.S. Navy Memorial & Heritage Center (701 Pennsylvania Ave., NW)
COST: Cost: $35 PRSA, WWPR and BPRS /members; $55 non-members; $10 students/retirees
In this exciting workshop, you’ll walk away with invaluable new insight to enhance your career development:
- How to leverage today’s top news to get your client, or your boss, interviewed
- How to concisely articulate your story idea
- What it takes to get your calls returned and become a trusted source
- How to pitch a story in a 24/7, online news cycle
- Make great new contacts
- Jeffrey Ballou, Deputy News Editor – Al Jazeera
- Jennifer Bendery, Washington Correspondent – The Huffington Post
- Tony Capaccio, Pentagon Correspondent – Bloomberg News
- Lois Dyer, Futures Editor- CBS News
- Maggie Fox, Managing Editor of Technology and Healthcare – National Journal
- Aaron Cohen – Vice President of Media and Digital Communications, MSLGroup
Any questions, just give the chapter a shout: 703.691.8733
April 19, 2010
Capitol Communicator is spearheading a fantastic industry-wide event next month and we are extremely excited to join PRSA , WWPR, Ad2DC and a number of other great professional groups to host “Connecting Communicators on Cinco De Mayo.” The event is taking place – you guessed it – on May 5th at 6:30pm. It’s being held at Local 16 where we’ll all enjoy some ridiculous drink specials and delicious complimentary appetizers on one of the best rooftop bars in the city.
If you’ve ever been interested in joining any of the host organizations or just want to hang with old friends or meet some new ones over a margarita or two, this event is for you.
We’re also happy to announce that Young MC members can purchase tickets for just $15 (regular price is $25-$35) until May 2nd. We’re expecting a sold-out evening, so buy them here right now! You may also want to go ahead and book that “Doctor’s Appointment” at 9am on May 6th – things could get rowdy…
Let us know if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing you May 5th!
What: Connecting Communicators on Cinco De Mayo
When: 6:30 pm, May 5th
Where: Local 16, 1602 U St., NW
Hosted by: Capitol Communicator, DC Ad Club, Ad-2, American Marketing Association – DC Chapter, Association for Women in Communications – DC Chapter, Capital Area Healthcare Communicators, IABC/DC Metro, Public Relations Society of America – National Capital Chapter, Independent Public Relations Alliance, Washington Women in Public Relations and Young MC